August 20, 2018
Know The Thinking
Know Your Student
- That Was Then; This Is Now: Evolving Views Of Literacy Potential
- Stages of beginning literacy development in typical children: can we apply these to individuals with developmental disabilities?
- The Snapshot Assessment: An Informal Inventory Of Early Literacy Behaviours
- The Focus Of Instruction Across The Stages: Aligning goals and objectives to the Snapshot stages of literacy development and variability in a student’s profile
- Discovering and documenting factors that influence the motivation and interest of students
| Day 2
August 21, 2018
Materials and Resources
Introduction to Frameworks For Reading Instruction
- Matching literacy materials to the student’s profile: decision-making rules for selecting, creating and/or adapting books, materials and resources
- Commercially available resource and those available for download from the internet: what’s out there? (you might be surprised)
- Beginning the conversation about comprehensive, balanced approaches to the teaching of reading: what could those look like for students with developmental disabilities?
August 22, 2018
Theory Into Practice:
Literacy Across The Curriculum
Working With A Collaborative Team
- Continuing The Conversation: Planning for a comprehensive, balanced approach to the teaching of reading for students with developmental disabilities within the classroom context.
- How can we maximize meaningful participation in authentic learning opportunities in the classroom?
- Multilevel instructional frameworks applied to unit and lesson planning: some examples from the B.C. redesigned science and social studies curriculum
- Collaborative Teaming: Are We Married or Casually Dating?